Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rhonda - the second draft

Ok, I had to blog to say that I have gotten to the second draft. And I feel good about it. I have made some changes, cut a few things here and there and have tightened up some of the dialogue - mainly Lief's and the Students.

Today when I read it I found myself much more caught up in the story and that hasn't happened for me in a long time. I think that it still might need a non verbal scene which eludes me, but it will come, I have faith.

I definitely see Hannie and Wayne's points about finding the humour in the script. It seems key to me now, given the subject matter. I am not actively writing more jokes, but hoping to pursue that more with the actors.

If you read this blog, then come to the reading for Rhonda is in Therapy on 3rd September at 45 Downstairs in Melbourne (45 Flinders lane, city). 7.30 pm. It's a free event.

1 comment:

  1. Read this I have (slowly sliding into the blog world and yours was on my must-see. Love the title by the by) , and come I shall.

    ReplyDelete